Sunday, July 1, 2007

Farmers Market Bounty

Gropius and I went to the farmers market this morning. For those of you not from Sacramento, hearing about a farmers market that takes place UNDER a freeway sounds more like ministering to the homeless. But, every Sunday morning, the largest farmers market does indeed take place in a large parking lot underneath the I-80 freeway south of downtown. You can buy all sorts of fruits and vegetables, plants, honey, breads, cheeses, and even pork and fresh fish! And all for prices MUCH cheaper than at Whole Paycheck...

Gropius decided to buy a skin-on pork shoulder from the pork man, we bought some bread from the Bavarian bread woman, and we loaded up on fruits and vegetables. We bought...

Pears


Peaches & Nectarines


Cherries




Apricots


Bavarian Seed and Grain Bread (heavy as a brick!)






This afternoon, Gropius worked on repairing Derellek's turntable. Apparently, a capacitor (sp?) was blown and he had to replace it and then torture me with Evergreen Zum Tausen records. Not quite strings, not quite jazz, not quite swing band. Not good!

While he did that, I experimented with another exterior paint color. This makes paint color #4: crushed oregano. I painted a splotch over paints #2 & 3 (tate olive on the left and mossy rock/diaper green on the right) to compare all three





and then painted a different section of the house to get a better sense of how it would look overall. Opinions, anyone??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too intense. I like the color on the left a lot more.

Kace said...

The tate olive color or the one in the middle?