Friday, August 3, 2007

Dinner with Todd & Delia

Gropius and I went up to Grass Valley to have dinner with our friends, Todd and Delia. Gropius was really looking forward to it since Todd had attended their 20th high school reunion a couple of weeks ago. Gropius had really wanted to go but things didn't work out so that he could go. He was anxious to hear the stories that Todd had to tell about old classmates.

It was an adventure, too, because Todd and Delia cooked dinner. It was really tasty, too! They made friend scallops and shrimp in a fresh tomato sauce with saffron rice.





I had grilled chicken since I try to keep kosher (not really, I just don't like shellfish). So, we stood around the bar of their kitchen and visited while they cooked.




Gropius was in charge of cooking my grilled chicken, so I took a few shots of Todd and Delia's backyard while we were outside. It's a very different feeling than being in Sacramento!

After dinner we sat around and visited and Todd pulled out the booklet with everyone's addresses in it that he brought back from the reunion. He and Gropius had a good time remembering people who they had forgotten.

Since it was a workday, we left around 10pm so we could get home and get to bed at a decent hour. Good times!

No comments: