Saturday, June 11, 2011

Dinner last night...

...was amazingly tasty!  David Lebovitz highlighted a woman's blog where she adapted a Molly Katzen recipe into a pizza.  I forwarded it to Gropius and we both decided that it looked tasty and worth a try.

Rather than following her example and cooking the corn-cake crust in a pie pan, I decided to use my trusty 10" springform pan instead.  The removable sides turned out to be really helpful, but I do wish that we had followed her lead by putting the corn-cake crust on a second pan (rather than doing the second baking on the springform pan bottom).  The cheese made it stick a bit around the edges and I don't think that would've been a problem with a second pan.

Our other modification was to use two whole eggs rather than the egg/egg white mixture in the original.  We aren't that worried about our cholesterol (yet).  Other than that, we baked the recipe as-is.

Our corn-cake crust:
IMG_8837

IMG_8834

And the finished product:
IMG_8838

We put red bell peppers, one spicy Italian sausage, tomato sauce, and red onion on top with a dusting of basil.

IMG_8840

Delicious!

No comments: