![]() |
| It looks like a lot of meat, but only 3 bratwurst were left! |
Earlier in the week, I prepared two ice creams: a chocolate fudge pop-kinda ice cream and an herbed ice milk (made with herbs from the garden: basil, lemon verbena, lemon balm, tarragon, mint, and thyme). And I prepared a French potato salad (no German this time--Ginger is vegetarian).
That was pretty much the extent of our preparation--other than de-husking some corn and preparing green beans. Otherwise, all we needed were our friends!
![]() |
| L-R: Hellen, Derek, Ross, Amber, Gropius, and Ginger |
![]() |
| I can't believe how tolerant Dido was of the whole thing--she's sitting on my pillow |

And then we settled down to the task of eating:
![]() |
| Grilled turnips, sausage, black bean salad, green beans, potato salad, and sauerkraut |
I had hoped that we could enjoy the weather and sit outside on the patio, but it was unseasonably hot last weekend, so we ended up sitting indoors and admiring the sunshine from a safe distance....




No comments:
Post a Comment