Before we left for Stockton, I tried out a new recipe at breakfast: Quinoa Pancakes.
No, wait! Honestly, they were tasty!
 |
| I used a mixture of white and red quinoa (but mostly white) |
I can't remember where I came across the recipe (from someone's blog I'm sure), but I thought they would be tasty and I was right. The only tricky part was cooking the quinoa the night before so that I didn't have to worry about it that morning.
 |
| Just a thick pancake batter... |
The dough was on the thick side, but well within the normal pancake range.
 |
| doesn't that look delicious? |
And they cooked up like you would expect.
 |
| best of all, the recipe made enough for all three of us! |
And best of all, they were higher in protein than our normal pancakes, thereby keeping us fuller longer, and they were only sweetened with maple syrup. Actually, there was more quinoa (1 cup) than flour (3/4 cup) in the there. Lulu's only complaint was that I didn't make her the usual "Minnie Mouse" pancake this time.
Hurrah for quinoa!
No comments:
Post a Comment