I'd like to see Jacque Pepín do that!
So, Gnocchi Parisienne are basically a French variation on gnocchi without the potatoes, using a pate a choux recipe instead. I've never made pate a choux before, so I was a bit nervous about that part, but it went together swimmingly.
I boiled water, salt, and butter together and then added the flour into it before transferring it to a mixing bowl and adding the eggs and parmesan cheese.
![]() |
| cooked dough having eggs and cheese beaten into it |
Then, I had to transfer the dough into a zip-loc bag and squeeze it into boiling water while cutting off pieces with a sharp knife. Um, yeah.
![]() |
| the ersatz pastry bag |
![]() |
| half-way finished product, post boiling pre-baking |
![]() |
| the finished product! |
Once Gropius came home from teaching his night class, we enjoyed them with a nice 2009 Alsatian gewurztraminer along with sautéed chicken paillards and haricots vert. Once Lulu went to bed, of course.




No comments:
Post a Comment