Sunday, September 9, 2007

richtiges deutsches Essen

Gropius and I had a proper meal that would make his family (with the possible exception of his vegetarian father) proud:



I made a German potato salad receipe from Martha Stewart (pre-prison, so she didn't cut corners in an attempt to win more readers to the magazine).



Gropius single-handedly managed to create BOTH sauerkraut AND bratwurst (from Niman Ranch) while I made the kartoffel salat.




And we ended the meal the way you *should* end most traditional German meals, with a 2-2.5 mile run a couple of hours later....

2 comments:

Doc Mara said...

What *kind* of run?

Kace said...

Actually it was a 3 minute run/2 minute walk for 2.5 miles or so. I was supposed to have done it earlier in the day as part of my 5K training, but I hadn't gotten around to it....and something about dinner made me think that perhaps I should!