So, I have neglected the blog in my (futile) efforts to get caught up with my to-do list. The following is a mish-mash of various meals from the past week, but there are a few good pictures among them, I think.
schnitzel with german potato salad and asparagus (this is Gropius's plate with my asparagus tips--I don't like the tips)

prosciutto-wrapped, quince chicken in a white wine sauce on a bed of leeks with wilted swiss chard and carrots


coffee cake muffins (Saturday's breakfast)


beet risotto (recipe from Martha Stewart)

we liked this one because it used beet greens, too.

We have spent the weekend in the kitchen doing some pre-holiday baking warm-ups: christstollen and kastanove bramburky (chestnut potatoes). I will have better pictures of those efforts posted later, but for now you can see some preliminary results on flickr.
We also made a quick trip to Home Depot and acquired a new vent hood for our stove-top. The puny microwave vent hood that the flippers installed in the kitchen before we moved in just isn't sufficient. We looked at several more expensive brands and (we think) lucked into a cheaper line by an Italian company known for more expensive range hoods. Will have more pictures of how that projects turns out later, too (after Thanksgiving though).
No comments:
Post a Comment