Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fourth of July Food

Gropius and I tried out a new place for lunch yesterday while we were out running errands. Boudin's SF, a bakery/chain from San Francisco, opened a branch in Sacramento last year (months ago actually), and we finally got around to giving it a try yesterday because we were in the area and I was feeling peckish. Gropius had their roast beef sandwich with chips while I had their 1/2 and 1/2 special: 1/2 a cheese pizza and soup.

I have to say that I was quite pleased with the food and atmosphere--think more upscale Panera's. The outdoor seating was nice yesterday, too. I surprised Gropius with a quick snapshot:


Last night for dinner, we had Niman Ranch pork chops with an onion, pepper, bacon relish, fresh corn-on-the-cob, and green beans (including a few from our garden).



Gropius had a couple of tomatoes from our backyard garden, too:

And to make it up to him, here's a better picture of Gropius that wasn't taken by surprise:

1 comment:

Doc Mara said...

I like the surprise photo better. It's pleading and almost puppydog-ish. It fits the pre-meal hunger inner state.