Sunday, March 13, 2011

Weekend Breakfasts

We had a chocolate hazelnut tart on Saturday morning for breakfast.  Whole Foods had a huge block of it and I can't resist chocolate and hazelnut together.  YUM!  I swapped 1/2 C of the flour in the tart shell for some ground hazelnuts I had in the freezer to add to the deliciousness.

Gestern haben wir eine Schokoladehaselnusstorte zum Frühstück.  Whole Foods hat ein grosses Stück Haselnußschokolade gehabt und ich kann Schokolade und Haselnuss zusammen nicht widerstehen.  LECKER!  Ich habe ein halb Becker zerrieb Haselnuss für den Mehl, die ich im gefrierfach gehabt habe, getauscht.  Es war besonders gut!

IMG_7889

The chocolate was combined with cream and butter to make a shiny ganache filling that proved irresistible to Lulu's fingers...

IMG_7891
Notice that smudge in the front from little fingers??

We enjoyed a slice with some coffee and whipped cream for a delicious breakfast on Saturday!

IMG_7892

And then, inspired by the soda bread we enjoyed at a St Patrick's Day dinner with a friend last night, we had soda muffins (soda bread baked into muffin tins). I only had a few cherries, so it was a mix of cherries and cranberries instead. Lulu didn't seem to mind!

IMG_7910

IMG_7912

No comments: