Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Everything's better with chocolate.

A meeting with one of my senior colleagues over my tenure file ran late yesterday afternoon, so I didn't get to Merryhill in time to get Lulu to her dance class.  I felt really guilty, even though I was rationalizing it to myself in the car on the drive from campus (one missed dance class versus an unemployed mother is kind of a no-brainer).

So, when I picked her up and she said she wanted pink ice cream, I thought perhaps I could make her day with a strawberry shake at McDonald's on the way home.  When we walked in though, Lulu wanted a chocolate chip cookie once she saw them on display by the cash register.  So I bought a cookie for her and a mango-pineapple fruit smoothie for me...which also became Lulu's.

She wanted to "sit at the table, Mama!"  So, I let her pick which table and we had a nice mother-daughter moment before heading home.

IMG_0616
My personal favorite of the bunch.
Mickey D's really needs this for an ad campaign, don't you think?

IMG_0626

No comments: