Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bodark

Since my parents moved to Gainesville several years ago, Gropius has been fascinated with a local tree that locals call the Bodark Tree. Technically, the name is Bois d'Arc, but who likes speaking French, right? Certainly, not me!

Anyway, there are quite a few of them growing around my parents' house and I took advantage of the setting sun one day to get some nice photos of one of the trees before we left.

DSCF2507

DSCF2508

DSCF2510

And while the drought in Texas is still on-going, I'm happy to report that my father finally has some water back in his tank:

DSCF2498
He's even talking about stocking it with some fish in the spring.
I guess Hope does spring eternal, huh?

While we were out walking, an old early 20th century plane flew overhead. He was close enough to snap a photo and waved at us as he circled around.

DSCF2505

No comments: