Wednesday, June 6, 2012

On this episode of My Frankisch-American Kitchen...

We are putting an American spin on the most traditional of Frankisch specialities, the Nürnberger Bratwurst!

Given the food items on hand in the pantry, we are going to try our hands at making Nürnberg Pigs in a Blanket.

I have my mise en place assembled:

DSCF3850

And here they are all rolled up:

DSCF3851

And finally, a look at the finished product:

DSCF3852

Some point on the learning curve:

1.  Given a larger working space, I would roll out all the dough and treat it like one piece, rather than several triangular pieces of dough

2.  I would also cut the dough into strips for better rolling around the bratwurst

3.  I would also probably cut the bratwurst up into sizes more closely resembling the traditional lil Smokies.

4.  Lastly, corn that comes packaged like this:

DSCF3849

tastes as nasty as you might expect.  The French do NOT do packaged foods well.

No comments: