Saturday, November 26, 2011

Post-Thanksgiving: The Morning After...

So, I woke up ~6:15 on Black Friday, far too late to hit the eh sales but in time enough to make it to Cost Plus by 7am when they opened. My incentive was that they were giving away free Tintin ornaments and a movie ticket to the first 100 people in line and I figured that Cost Plus was NOT going to be the huge draw of say, Target or Wal-Mart.

And I was right.

Gropius got his Tintin ornament. On the way home, I remembered that we needed orange juice and figured I would stop by Raley's and pick some up. And when I walked into Raley's, I remembered Gropius talking about what a great deal they had on Chandon champagne earlier in the week. So, I picked up the OJ and swung by the wine section to grab a couple of bottles of Chandon for $10/bottle (told you it was a good deal!). On my walk back to the cashier stand, I decided that Lulu probably wouldn't be a big fan of the leftover biscuits with ham that we were having for breakfast (and I was right). So, I picked up a package of little, white, powdered donuts.

All perfectly reasonable and logical, right? Yeah, that's what I thought, too...which is why I was surprised when the cashier turned to me with a wink and asked, "Breakfast, huh?"

DSCF2084

D'oh. At least it wasn't a 40 of malt liquor and a bag of pork rinds, right?

And Lulu really enjoyed the donuts.

DSCF2085

DSCF2086

No comments: